Just so you know, I am not a doctor. Please don't take what I say as a replacement for medical advice. I also may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in my posts. Full affiliate disclosure and disclaimers can be found here.
Easy Beef Stew!
Probably the easiest stew you’ll EVER make. I like to refer to it as…
I love me a good crockpot. Or ANY crockpot really. I feel like I should name mine I love her that much. The best part of crockpots? They’re insanely forgiving. You can throw stuff in early or late, mess up ingredients, and just plain forget it’s going and 90% of the time it’ll be just fine. Hence how Dump Stew was born.
Dump Stew is the never-the-same beef stew that I throw together about once a week. In general, I take stock of what vegetables, meats, and starches I have the day or so before and then decide if I’ll call it chicken soup, beef stew, or vegetable delight, and I run with it. I chop and toss everything in my beloved crockpot in the morning, let it run on low all day, and then we eat dinner at dinner time. That’s it! It is always Gluten And Dairy Free too. BONUS!
So how do I USUALLY make Dump Stew? Mix and match any of the following, then mix it all up in a crockpot and leave it on low for 8-10 hours. Viola!
- Beef stew meat
- Ground beef (pre-cooked)
- Ground turkey (pre-cooked)
- Canned beans of any kind (black, kidney, chili beans, etc.)
Vegetables (Frozen or Fresh)
- Radishes (In place of potatoes. TRUST ME!)
- Brussel Sprouts (They’re like tiny cabbages!)
- Green Beans
- Literally anything else I might find in my fridge that day. I am also tempted to just throw Juice Plus powder in there sometimes too. Awkward.
- Gluten Free noodles
Spices, Flavors, and Extras
- 2-3 Tbsp Garlic (I have a huge tub of it in my fridge to make it easy)
- 1-2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce. I never, EVER, skip this. Trust me on this one.
- Salt and pepper ( I rarely use salt in any of my cooking. But this needs just a pinch or two)
- Dried Italian seasoning to taste. I like A LOT.
- A dash of chili powder or cayenne pepper for a kick
- Broth. If I have broth on hand (any type) I’ll add it. If not, water and the seasonings do just fine.
My husband and I LOVE my Dump Stew. The kids go back and forth based on the direction of the wind. They have their Juice Plus daily though, so I don’t let it stress me out. But the result of Dump Stew is always a meal full of vegetables, low on sodium, Shred10 approved, low carb (I don’t bolus for it unless it has a starch) gluten free, and dairy free. It can easily be modified based on personal preference, is prepared in less than 10 minutes, and feeds a whole family. It doesn’t get any easier than that folks!