Just so you know, I am not a doctor. Please don't take what I say as a replacement for medical advice. I also may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in my posts. Full affiliate disclosure and disclaimers can be found here.
Juice Plus Omegas
Let’s talk some Omegas! Specifically the Juice Plus Omegas of course. What makes them different, why it matters, and what you can expect from them. I’d love to break down all the reasons Omegas are important, but I really want to hone in on the Juice Plus Omegas and there are people WAY smarter than me out there that are dedicating their lives to studying omegas. I’m not going to try and pretend I’m an expert! However, I AM an expert in my beloved Juice Plus. So here goes.
What makes the Juice Plus Omegas different? And why does it matter?
We all know you can walk into any old store and pluck an Omega 3 supplement off the shelf. So why bother with the Juice Plus version? I like lists, so let me list what makes them superior so I don’t get too wordy
- It’s a blend of Omegas 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9. We don’t ONLY need the 3’s people! This was new info to me, but it makes ALL THE SENSE.
- It’s plant-based. No fish burps. NO mercury. No questionable sources. We typically think fish when we think omegas. But here’s the thing. They eat it and retain it. Then we farm it out of them (along with lots of nasty stuff). So instead Juice Plus is taking the omega straight from its plant source. No middle fish.
- It vegan. Because the capsule is tapioca based.
- It’s environmentally friendly and sustainable. You’re not farming pounds of fish for a few drops of omegas.
- It doesn’t taste horrible. It actually tastes like orange flavored olive oil. Check out the video below of me chewing one. This was the very first time I did so, so my reaction is 100% genuine because I had no idea what to expect.
What to expect from Juice Plus Omegas
Omegas are super important for brain health. So you can expect some help with the mental fog. They’re also outright amazing for your hair, skin, and nails. All of which I have seen improvements with since starting the omegas a year ago. My proof? For me, it’s all in the nails. I am a lifelong nail biter and while I have stopped from time to time they never grew out because they were so brittle and thin. Now I have daggers. I stopped biting and I actually have to cut them. They don’t just split or break anymore! I can 100% attribute this change to the Juice Plus Omegas.
You can also expect to give them to children successfully. Since they don’t taste bad I can get my kids to bite the capsules and chew. This is nice simply because kids are probably the worst at getting in their omegas. Unless they love fatty fish and chia seeds….. which many kids do not.
The omegas fill that last gap for us. While Juice Plus helps us bridge our fruit and vegetable gap, the omegas fill that fatty acid gap. It’s winning all around!