Just so you know, I am not a doctor. Please don't take what I say as a replacement for medical advice. I also may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in my posts. Full affiliate disclosure and disclaimers can be found here.
Sometimes my basic breakfast smoothie needs a little kick in the pants, so I switch it up! It’s high protein low carb goodness! I tend to use this recipe when I’m doing harder workouts or battling high blood sugars. However, it’s great for all the time too! Especially when you add it to a diet already rich with 30+ Fruits and Veggies!
I’m a fan of a smoothie for breakfast, but this also makes a really great snack for those afternoon hours. Also, if you’re shredding, this makes a killer second shake option. I prefer chocolate, but this can totally be done with Vanilla Complete as well. You can also add a banana for extra creaminess, but that will up your carb count.
If you’re looking to go as high protein and low carb as possible, keep to the basic recipe below, and omit any fruit or milk replacements.
So without further ado, let’s dive in shall we?
Double the Protein Half the Carbs Smoothie
- 1 scoop Juice Plus Complete (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- 1 cup water
- 2 handfuls spinach or other leafy greens
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 drop peppermint oil optional
- 1 tbsp PB Fit optional
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I prefer it in the order of water, egg whites, Complete, greens, (PBFit or Peppermint oil then ice). From the gradually increase the speed of the blender and run until smooth. Drink immediately while cold and ENJOY!