Just so you know, I am not a doctor. Please don't take what I say as a replacement for medical advice. I also may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in my posts. Full affiliate disclosure and disclaimers can be found here.
Rainbow Pizza. It sounds so NICE! But in reality, it’s sort of like me: a sneaky badass. Let’s face it, the struggle to get in our fruits and veggies is REAL. And cooking can be a huge pain in the ass. Enter the Rainbow Pizza. The ninja of vegetable consumption. It’s also a gluten free, dairy free, and, based on your crust choice, low-carb unicorn!
I will do my best to give you a legit recipe here but look at this guy as more of a guideline. This has the potential to be the garbage disposal recipe for all the random veggies in your fridge that you bought with good intention but now have no clue what to do with. (Don’t lie, we ALL do this!)
Because this is more of a concept than a set-in-stone recipe you’ll see alternatives in parenthesis. And if you’re lost, hit me up on one of those fancy social media channels you see all over my blog and I’ll clarify for you.
Let’s do this.
- 1 Gluten Free pizza crust (corn tortilla, GF pita bread, Cauliflower pizza crust)
- 1/4 cup Hummus (Or pesto Sauce!)
- 1-2 cup Squash, zucchini, broccoli, bell pepper, onion (tomato, jalapeno, purple onion, asparagus, corn, etc.)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (pesto, oil and vinegar, ranch, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.Grab that bad boy crust of your choice and put it on a sheet pan and spread the hummus around as you would with pizza sauce.Top with your coarsely chopped veggies of choice.Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and bake for 10-15 minutes or crust instructions.*Cook until vegetables reach desired doneness. Because there is no meat this is totally up to you as long as the crust is cooked per manufacturer instructions.
Unless you are hell-bent on making this a ‘thing’ it can be different every time you make it! This is a great way to sneak in loads of veggies. AND it’s delicious! Plus, if you
So there you have it. Rainbow Pizza – Rebekah Style. I know that some people are very recipe driven, and this obviously very much a guideline, but I hope it’s provided some foodspiration to at least a few of you!